Over the last decade, we realized that the issue with consistent retirement income is far more complex than the “safe withdrawal rate” of 4% – identified by William Bengen and further popularized by the Trinity Study published in 1998.
Retirement can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive – so, for the past two years, we have been carefully crafting a retirement income solution based on the work of Nobel Prize winner Robert Merton.
AssetBuilder’s holistic, flexible and personalized approach is designed to help you create a reliable income during your retirement. Abri translates the wealth you have today into a reliable, monthly paycheck. It can help you weather inflation, market instabilities and unexpected expenses.
Stop worrying about retirement.
Abri is a new approach to an old problem: How do you put together a steady stream of personal income that will weather an uncertain future? Using the same principles that work for traditional pensions, it addresses several risks:
- Market volatility – Market declines can be unsettling when you rely on your savings for the rest of your life. Plus, you still need stocks for growth potential.
- A long retirement – Today’s healthy 65-year-old has a good chance of living well into his or her 80s or even 90s.
- Inflation – Even low inflation rates can have a powerful impact on your spending power over time. That’s especially true in retirement, when you can’t count on wage increases to offset rising prices.
- Life changes – Retirement income needs can change quickly. During your retirement, you might spend some years working part-time, some years travelling, and some years closer to home. Retirees need predictable income that adapts to your lifestyle, not the whims of financial markets.
Abri considers Social Security benefits, traditional pension plan benefits, 401(k) and 403(b) plan benefits, and other forms of savings and investments. It allows them to work together to provide a single, steady stream of income throughout your retirement.
Abri helps retirees make decisions that maximize their retirement income by considering:
- When to claim Social Security benefits.
- How continuing to work can increase retirement benefits.
- How to plan for the high expenses of medical and long-term care.
- How to capitalize on tax efficiencies.
Stay in control.
We have designed abri to keep you, our client, in control of your personalized retirement score. With one quick glance, your retirement score offers a snapshot of how your savings translates into retirement income. Your score will help you track your progress toward your retirement income goals – putting you in a better position to take corrective action when needed.
The retirement score offers the confidence that your retirement income can:
- Cover your essentials—the monthly expenses that keep your life running.
- Ensure your lifestyle—the things you want to do and how you want to live – today and in the future.
- Prepare for the unexpected—the events that could derail your financial plans.
- Leave a legacy—the impact you’ll make on the people, charities and causes that are most important to you.
Abri is a tool that helps you put a solid plan in place. But it does not work by itself. Your AssetBuilder advisor will work with you to create your plan and they will stay with you over time to track your progress and adjust as needed. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals - even when your life or dreams change.
We are launching a limited release starting in April 2017.
We would love to put you on the list. Signing up is quick and easy. Let us start planning your early retirement today!